This project is read-only.

Unable to find version '3.7.5' of package 'T4MVC'

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Hi,

I just installed the 3.7.6 but I ran into a runtime error about not being able to find the T4MVC dll or something in those words.

So than I uninstalled it and tried to install 3.7.5 again, manually via PMC like this:

PM> Install-Package T4MVC -Version 3.7.5

Then I get this error msg:

Install-Package : Unable to find version '3.7.5' of package 'T4MVC'. At line:1 char:16 + Install-Package <<<< T4MVC -Version 3.7.5 + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Feb 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Not sure why nuget fails to find it, as it's definitely there, and it works for me. Are you able to install non-default versions of other packages? How about other versions of T4MVC?

Can you give more details about the error you're getting with 3.7.6? It should not break anything from 3.7.5, so if it does, fixing it should be the focus, instead of just moving back.

My sample repo uses 3.7.6 and works fine.
Feb 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM
It seems that it can't find any of the packages via the PMC.
I can only install via the pop up window of NuGet.

Very strange...

About the error I got after installing 3.7.6:
Could not load file or assembly 'T4MVCExtensions, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7b26dc2a43f6a0d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
With a yellow page and a stacktrace IIRC.
Feb 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Do you also get the same error with my test app above? That may help isolate.
Feb 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Get 3 errors at compile time:

Error 1 Compiling transformation: Invalid token 'this' in class, struct, or interface member declaration \T4MVCSampleApp-master\T4MVCSampleApp\T4MVC.tt 1 1 T4MVCSampleApp

Error 2 Compiling transformation: Method must have a return type \T4MVCSampleApp-master\T4MVCSampleApp\T4MVC.tt 1 6 T4MVCSampleApp

Error 3 Compiling transformation: Type expected \T4MVCSampleApp-master\T4MVCSampleApp\T4MVC.tt 1 12 T4MVCSampleApp

After running restore packages. Am I missing something else?
Feb 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Hmmm, between this and the fact that NuGet seems busted, I'm wondering if you might have some wider corruption in your VS install.
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Hello, I also have the same issue. The actual error is:
Could not load file or assembly 'T4MVCExtensions, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7b26dc2a43f6a0d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
It is generated by the first line of my app that tries to do a T4MVC call:
@Html.Bootstrap().ActionLinkButton("Register Now", MVC.Registration.Index()).Style(ButtonStyle.Link) <br />
NuGet seems to be working properly, since I updated this morning (to your latest). But I have not tries these this yet (uninstall and reinstall). Once I do, I will let you know what happens.

So, after
PM> uninstall-package T4MVCExtensions -version 3.7.6 -force -project E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer
Removing 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully removed 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
and
PM> install-package T4MVCExtensions -version 3.7.6 -project E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer
'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' already installed.
Adding 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully added 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
I still get the same error.

Rolling back to 3.7.5 ...
PM> uninstall-package T4MVCExtensions -version 3.7.6 -force -project E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer
Removing 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully removed 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.

PM> uninstall-package T4MVC -version 3.7.6 -force -project E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer
Removing 'T4MVC 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully removed 'T4MVC 3.7.6' from E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.

PM> install-package T4MVC -version 3.7.5 -project E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer
Attempting to resolve dependency 'T4MVCExtensions (≥ 3.7.5)'.
Installing 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.5'.
Successfully installed 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.5'.
Installing 'T4MVC 3.7.5'.
Successfully installed 'T4MVC 3.7.5'.
Adding 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.5' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully added 'T4MVCExtensions 3.7.5' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Adding 'T4MVC 3.7.5' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
Successfully added 'T4MVC 3.7.5' to E-Tabs.Dashboards.Designer.
works!
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM
agolub wrote:
Hello, I also have the same issue. The actual error is:
Could not load file or assembly 'T4MVCExtensions, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7b26dc2a43f6a0d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
It is generated by the first line of my app that tries to do a T4MVC call:
@Html.Bootstrap().ActionLinkButton("Register Now", MVC.Registration.Index()).Style(ButtonStyle.Link) <br />
NuGet seems to be working properly, since I updated this morning (to your latest). But I have not tries these this yet (uninstall and reinstall). Once I do, I will let you know what happens.
Yea now I remember it too, i'm using bootstrap() too from Dmitri. Got it exactly like you got the message.
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
davidebbo wrote:
Hmmm, between this and the fact that NuGet seems busted, I'm wondering if you might have some wider corruption in your VS install.
I tried reinstalling nuget, but that didn't work either. Not sure what to try next.
Feb 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM
@agolub: so after you roll back to 3.7.5, everything work again? And do you also get the error with my test repo?

This is puzzling...
Feb 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Hello David,

Yeah ... 3.7.5 works fine. I did not try the test repo, I will try that tomorrow as I don't have access to that system right now. Anything else I should look at?
Feb 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Ah, my bad, I messed up the assembly signing in 3.7.6! But that doesn't affect all scenarios which is why my test app doesn't see this.

I just pushed a new 3.7.7 which should be working fine. Sorry about that!

@Yustme: as for your NuGet issue, I can't explain it and I'd suggest asking on the NuGet forum.
Feb 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Thanks! I appreciate all your work.
Feb 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM
davidebbo wrote:
Ah, my bad, I messed up the assembly signing in 3.7.6! But that doesn't affect all scenarios which is why my test app doesn't see this.

I just pushed a new 3.7.7 which should be working fine. Sorry about that!

@Yustme: as for your NuGet issue, I can't explain it and I'd suggest asking on the NuGet forum.
3.7.7. worked for me too, thanks!

About NuGet forum, work in progress. I'll let you know what the problem was!
Apr 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM
In the Package Manager Console (PMC) there is a drop down menu at the top-left side with the label "Package source:". The selected text was "Microsoft and .NET", while it should have been "nuget.org". Changing it from "Microsoft and .NET" to "nuget.org" fixed the problem.

Now I can install previous versions.