External packages cannot depend on packages that target projects.

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hello David,

I've created a nuget package (id: TwitterBootstrapMVC) from a project that you can see here (or maybe you cannot see it yet because the project is not published.) But the point is that my project has a dependency on T4MVCExtensions package. When I try to install my library via nuget, I get this error: "Attempting to resolve dependency 'T4MVCExtensions (>3.5.2)' External packages cannot depend on packages that target projects."

Would you happen to know if this is the way T4MVCExtensions is configured or is that my package misconfigured somehow?
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I think it's more likely to be something related to your package. See this. Looks like it would happen if your package doesn't contain anything that gets added to the project. But presumably you're trying to add a library to it?
Apr 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yea, it's supposed to add a dll file to the project. I guess I misconfigured it somehow and it thinks it does not need to do that.
Apr 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
You were right. It was my package misconfigured. Fixed now. Thanks for pointing in the right direction.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Awesome!